Image Map

August 20, 2014

Recipe Wednesday: Herbed Meatballs

Monday, I wrote a post about how I went to Costco and did the whole 20 meals for (more than) $150 - at least in Alaska. If you missed it, you can read it here. Sunday afternoon, I prepped about 10 meals and froze them so when I'm not in the mood to actually cook, I can thaw it out and wham-o... supper is ready.

Before I meal prepped, I scheduled out our meals for an entire month - excluding weekends. That was a mistake. As Joshua was watching me prep, especially the meatballs, he said how those looked super yummy and wanted them tomorrow (Monday) for supper.
So lesson learned not to plan out an entire month of meals in pen. Not even the first day and it's already messed up. My OCD kicked in so from now on, I'll take it days at a time. But just knowing I have enough for a month is a great feeling!

So what husband wants, husband gets. These meatballs took nothing to prepare and were super delicious with spaghetti sauce and noodles. I see these in our very near future because of their yumminess but also because I made a double batch of them!

Herbed Meatballs

Ingredients:

- About 1.25 lbs ground chuck

- 2 eggs

 - 1 cup bread crumbs

- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning

- 1 tsp salt

- 1/2 tsp pepper


Directions:

- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground chuck, eggs, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Form into 1"-ish size meatballs. Mine were just a wee bit bigger.

- Flash freeze and then transfer to a plastic baggie.

- Or brown on all sides, then add spaghetti sauce and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs have cooked through.

- Serve over noodles with a side salad.

^^ Let my meatballs thaw for a few hours then time to cook! // As soon as you pour the sauce, boil water for noodles. Your meal will come together in no time!

YUM!

How easy is that recipe?

I also loved how I learned how to flash freeze something. For this recipe, I flash froze the meatballs for 20 minutes then put them in a gallon baggie. Again, I'm a little new to this whole cooking world. I don't know everything so when directions tell me something I have no idea how to do, you better believe I'll be on Google for a good half hour. And this flash freeze thing will be great for all the berries I pick! Good to know!

What are you cooking lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment