Image Map

November 29, 2013

Turkey Day

It was our first real holiday as a married couple. 
I guess not counting 4th of July.
And the first holiday spent in Alaska.

A ton of people asked if we had moose or any other animal known to Alaska.
But I had to disappoint them.. we actually had a "normal" Thanksgiving dinner.

We had turkey, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole, corn casserole, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, eggplant dressing, and the best mustard greens/sausage/Velveeta stuffed rolls! 
I'm sure I'm missing some food, too!

It was a very nice, very relaxing Thanksgiving.
But, it was also a bitter sweet day since I knew Joshua and the Portie Family had to leave the next day (today).
I know we both missed hanging out with each of our families, and it will be worse during Christmas (I'm sure), but we were thankful we got to spend it like we did!

So I hope everyone had a great turkey day like we did, and you gobbled 'til you wobbled!


 Some of the main dishes. A few arrived after I took the picture.


 Everyone enjoying themselves.
Obviously it was good!

And for a good laugh, watch this Jimmy Fallon Holiday Medley video I found today. Enjoy!
Holiday Medley

No comments:

Post a Comment