Image Map

August 13, 2014

Recipe Wednesday: Grilled Halibut with Pineapple

Lately, I've been really cracking down on how much I go to the grocery store.
Seriously, the past few months I've lived in Seward, I've felt like Safeway was my second home.
So because of that, I've been trying to cook with ingredients I already have.
This halibut recipe was super easy and really tasty and I had most of the ingredients at home already!
Because I wanted to use ingredients I already had, I left some out from the original recipe source.
I'm always looking for new tasty fish recipes, and if it gets Joshua out of the grill, we are both happy campers. This recipe will definitely be used again!
I can definitely see this recipe being the bomb with some tilapia as well!

Grilled Halibut with Pineapple

Ingredients:

- Cooking Spray

- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice

- 2 tbsp unpacked light brown sugar, divided

- 1 tsp table salt

- 1/2 tsp chili pepper

- 1 Halibut fillet, cut in half

- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks


Directions:

- Coat grill with cooking spray. Preheat grill.

- Place lime juice, 1 tbsp of brown sugar, salt, and chili powder in a medium-sized glass dish; tightly cover dish and swirl to combine marinade. Add fish to container; cover, and swirl again to coat fish and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning once.

- Meanwhile, put pineapple in a second glass dish and sprinkle with remaining tbsp of brown sugar; cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Remove pineapple form dish and set aside; add resulting juices to dish with fish.

- Grill pineapple until heated through, turning once, about 8 minutes.

- At the same time, cook fish, brushing with marinade several times, until cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes per side; place on serving platter with pineapple. 

All ingredients I had at home ^^

Halibut marinading ^^

Pineapple soaking in brown sugar ^^

Who doesn't love fresh fish and grilled pineapple??

Put over white rice and you're done!

Super easy and super delicious! 

What are you cooking?

1 comment: