Image Map

May 28, 2014

{Love} Week: Getting Ready, First Look, & Bridals + the Wedding Party

The morning of the wedding, I sat up in bed, took a deep breath, and smiled the biggest smile. I then put my feet on the ground, and the day began! It was such a whirlwind of activity. There was so much to do in the wee hours before walking down that aisle. The whole day was one of true happiness and pure excitement about what was to come.
 
{Getting Ready}
 
I have been so lucky to have the aunt that I do. She owns her own hair salon in my hometown, and in that shop there have been so many memories that I cherish. Getting ready for my wedding being one of them now. All my ladies came to my aunt's around 9 am. Here, we took turns getting our hair done and chatted about everything. There is something to be said about a little girl time.
 


Mallory - my sister-in-law - how cute is she!
 
After the salon, we headed out to the wedding site to officially get dressed.

My brooch I wore in my hair belonged to my late Grandma Mozella Williams.
 
^^This was also her lipstick. I always carry it in my make-up bag to remind me of her // My mom zipping up my dress. ^^

{First Look}

 Before our wedding day, Joshua and I decided that we would like to see each other before the wedding. I know plenty of couples that do this, and I know plenty of couples that wait until the ceremony. I'm not saying our decision is the right one for anyone else, but it was right for us. Seeing each other before the wedding was a special thing for Joshua and me. We had our few minutes alone - we laughed/cried and prayed over our wedding day. It was our perfect moment.
 
 



This is my "Can you believe the day is here?" face.

 
{Bridals + The Wedding Party}
 
Like I mentioned earlier, because Joshua and I chose to see each other before the ceremony, we were able to get all of our bridal party photos done early! It saved us so much time, and definitely made us more excited to get married!
 
Our photographer was Alisha Sims and she did such a good job on these photos! I had so many that I loved, but I promise to only show you guys my favorites!
 
















 
Can I just explain again how much I loved all of the little details of our wedding?? Obviously I loved our flowers if you couldn't tell. And my yellow TOMS. I mean, they are so comfy I didn't have to worry about my feet hurting all night, and they matched my colors perfectly.  And the best part of the wedding party, check out my mom's bow ties she made all of the groomsmen. Adorbs, right?? Yellow with polka dots, I mean, come on. I can't be the only one who thinks that's the cutest thing!
 


 
 
Our bridal party was so much fun! They definitely made the whole wedding day more exciting with them by our sides. After our pictures, the girls and I headed back inside to wait for the guests to come and settle down before walking down the aisle! Tomorrow I'll write about our ceremony and reception. Stay tuned!
 
For other {Love} Week posts about us, check them out on our He + She page. 

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures look great! I'm loving the yellow motif that you used. I also like how each photograph was taken near the forest, which was used as an effective background. I'm sure you had put a lot of effort into your wedding, and you must be thrilled to see it all went perfectly and captured forever in prints! Congratulations!

    Stephen Young @ Pixcellence Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comment! We will definitely be cherishing these photos in the years to come!

    ReplyDelete