Image Map

June 26, 2014

My trip back to Illinois

Hey guys! I'm back!
When I went back to IL, I took a little hiatus from blogging so I could spend some quality time with some of my favorite people. I can't believe my trip is already over!
Such a good three week trip!

I know I was back home for a good amount of time, but man... I felt like it rushed by. I definitely didn't see everyone I hoped to see, but it was great seeing everyone that I did!

My trip home consisted of laughing with family and friends, eating some good hometown food, meeting my new nephew, and celebrating my best friend's marriage.  Is there anything better?!

One of the best parts of my trip was meeting my new nephew. Adam Thomas was born in April and I just now met him in June. One of the most precious boys, not to mention a little chunk! This was probably the hardest part of saying goodbye because the next time I'll see him, Adam will probably be walking. I miss so much living so far away!

 
 And not to forget Adam's older brother, James. This kid is so smart and hilarious. He has grown up so much this past year. So thankful I was able to spend some quality time with him eating strawberries and crackers and playing outside on his new swing set. 











During my trip home, my mother and I got to take a girls' trip to Cincinnati. At the Cincinnati Museum, they were offering the last American city stop of the Princess Diana world tour exhibit. It was such a nice trip - spending time with my beautiful mama plus learning all about Princess Di - not to mention gawking at her wonderful wardrobe!

 

And the main reason why I came home - Katelyn got married! We started her celebration with her bachelorette party in Nashville, TN. Here, we drove around Nashville on the Nashville Party Barge. What could be better than driving around Nashville, sun shining, singing only the best jams by the Spice Girls and Katy Perry?? Such fun!
 
 
Then we got all dolled up and hit the town, with only a little drama, right girls!
 
^^ The bachelorette and I!
 
Then a week later, it was time for Katelyn Casburn to become Katelyn Johnson.
Such a beautiful ceremony for a beautiful couple. Seriously though, it was such an honor standing beside Katelyn as she became a wife. The best part of the entire ceremony was the look on Levi's face as he was saying his vows to Katelyn. It was a look of pure love and joy. Wishing you years of happiness, Mr. and Mrs. Johnson!
 
Ready to celebrate... but first let me take a selfie!

Seriously though, could there have been a more prettier bride?!
 
And just to show you the beautiful couple and awesome bridal party:
 
 
 
Congratulations to the Johnson's!
 
This was just some of the things I enjoyed going back to Illinois. Like I said, I wish I could have seen more people, but this just means you all can come visit us now!
But it is so good to be back to Alaska and to Joshua. Now we can really enjoy married life and start settling down in our new home, Seward! Can't wait for our family to start coming up in a week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment