Image Map

August 27, 2014

Recipe Wednesday: Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies

It's Recipe Wednesday, Dessert Style!

When Joshua was gone, for some reason I really had the urge for some chocolate. I am not a chocolate person. I love fruit. I would choose something fruity over chocolatey any day.
My mother and sister on the other hand, chocolate lovers!
But one night I really was just craving some chocolate. 
Enough to drive 10 minutes into town? No.
Luckily, my mother had been here this summer. She makes the most amazing no bake cookies. I don't know how she does it.
I saw the cocoa in the pantry and boom.. I knew exactly what I was going to make for my chocolate craving!
Add the spoonful of pb and oh my... they were divine.

Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

Ingredients:

- 2 cups sugar

- 4 tbsp cocoa

- 1 stick butter

- 1/2 cup milk

- 1 cup peanut butter

- 1 tsp vanilla

- 3 cups oatmeal

- Foil

Directions:

- In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil the sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk. Let boil for 1 minute.

- Take off burner then add peanut butter, vanilla, and oatmeal. Mix together.

- On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the spoonful, until cooled and hardened.

How amazingly simple was that recipe?!
And note to self: an ice cream scooper is just way too big as a cookie scoop!




What have you been baking lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment